Freshman Colleen Stevenson (Bolton, Mass./Nashoba Regional) came from one set behind to force a third-set tiebreaker, then won 10-6 to lead Rose-Hulman to its first conference title.
Other winners for Rose-Hulman included the No. 3 doubles team of freshmen Paige Cook (Terre Haute/North) and Lauren Reberger (Brazil/Northview) by an 8-1 margin; freshman freshman Marie Stettler (Edgerton, Wis.) by a 6-1, 6-1 margin at No. 3 singles; and junior Klara Schroederus (Glenview, Ill./Glenbrook South) by a 6-2, 6-0 score at No. 6 singles.
In the nightcap, Montgomery and sophomore Sage Sackett (Kalamazoo, Mich./Mattawan) earned sweeps in singles and doubles play. Stettler, Stevenson and Schroederus added singles victories, with Cook and Reberger winning again in doubles play. Chann and Stettler also recorded a No. 1 doubles win.
Rose-Hulman improved to 9-1 on the season and completed the HCAC regular season with a perfect 8-0 record. The Fightin' Engineers travel to Oakland City on Sunday and will compete in the HCAC Tournament, with the winner receiving an NCAA Tournament bid, on Oct. 15.
ROSE-HULMAN 5, FRANKLIN 4
2. Heather Pasek (F) def. Sage Sackett 6-2, 7-5
3. Marie Stettler (R) def. Kalyi Schafer 6-1, 6-1
4. Melissa Montgomery (R) def. Chelsy Gott 6-1, 3-6, 1-0 (9)
5. Colleen Stevenson (R) def. Rain Tuley 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (6)
6. Klara Schroederus (R) def. Adrian Gillaspy 6-2, 6-0
2. Pasek/Gott (F) def. Montgomery/Sackett 8-6
3. Paige Cook/Lauren Reberger (R) def. McAdams/Tuley 8-1
ROSE-HULMAN 8, HANOVER 1
2. Sage Sackett (R) def. Kathleen Brinegar 6-1, 4-6, 1-0 (6)
3. Marie Stettler (R) def. Amanda Learned 6-4, 6-4
4. Melissa Montgomery (R) def. Heather Washburn 6-2, 6-1
5. Colleen Stevenson (R) def. Kim Fong 6-4, 6-0
6. Klara Schroederus (R) def. Holly Brucken 6-0, 6-0
2. Montgomery/Sackett (R) def. Fong/Washburn 9-8
3. Paige Cook/Lauren Reberger (R) def. Rachel Edwards/Jennifer Hurst 8-2