NORTH MANCHESTER, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 4-1 on the women's tennis season with a 7-2 victory at Manchester University on Saturday.
The Fightin' Engineers also improved to 3-1 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play with the victory.
Junior Suzana Mohd (Puchong, Malaysia/Mara University) and senior Paige Cook (Terre Haute/North) led the performance with victories in singles and doubles play.
Mohd won at No. 2 singles and teamed with senior Marie Stettler (Edgerton, Wis./Edgerton Senior) for a victory at No. 1 doubles. Cook won at the No. 3 singles spot and teamed with of junior Kylie McCollum (Lee's Summit, Mo./West) for a No. 2 doubles win.
Senior Colleen Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba Regional) and sophomore Lauren Miller (Highland, Ill.) contributed singles wins at the No. 4 and No. 6 positions, respectively. The No. 3 doubles team of senior Lauren Reberger (Brazil/Northview) and freshman Sydney Short (Langley, Va./Grafton) also earned a victory.
Rose-Hulman returns to action with a home match against Earlham on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
Rose-Hulman 7, Manchester 2
09-28-13 at North Manchester, Ind.
1. Kara Gilley (MU) def. Marie Stettler (RHIT) 6-4, 6-4
2. Suzana Mohd (RHIT) def. Brandy Leeper (MU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Megan Buckner (MU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Colleen Stevenson (RHIT) def. Abby Berry (MU) 6-3, 6-0
5. Jillian Bower (MU) def. Kylie McCollum (RHIT) 6-3, 6-3
6. Lauren Miller (RHIT) def. Alaina Beckner (MU) 6-1, 6-1
1. Marie Stettler/Suzana Mohd (RHIT) def. Kara Gilley/Brandy Leeper (MU) 8-2
2. Paige Cook/Kylie McCollum (RHIT) def. Abby Berry/Megan Buckner (MU) 8-1
3. Lauren Reberger/Sydney Short (RHIT) def. Jillian Bower/Alaina Beckner (MU) 8-5