TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 9-2 overall and 6-1 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play with an 8-1 win over Manchester on Saturday.
Junior Marie Stettler (Edgerton, Wis./Senior), senior Melissa Montgomery (Alexandria/Monroe), freshman Lauren Miller (Highland, Ill.), sophomore Kylie McCollum (Lee's Summitt, Mo./West) and sophomore Koharuko Fujita (Ishikawa, Japan/Izumigaoka) earned wins in singles play to pace the Engineer effort.
The doubles team of Cook and Stettler, Fujita and junior Paige Cook (Terre Haute/North), and McCollum with junior Lauren Reberger (Brazil/Northview) also earned three victories.
Rose-Hulman returns to action on Sunday at Earlham at noon.
ROSE-HULMAN 8, MANCHESTER 1
1. Marie Stettler (RHIT) def. Kara Gilley (MUWT1213) 7-6 (7-4), 1-6, 1-0 (10-7)
2. Melissa Montgomery (RHIT) def. Brandy Leeper (MUWT1213) 7-6 (7-4), 6-4
3. Alli Heeter (MUWT1213) def. Paige Cook (RHIT) 7-5, 6-0
4. Lauren Miller (RHIT) def. Abby Berry (MUWT1213) 6-4, 6-2
5. Kylie McCollum (RHIT) def. Alyssa Dibley (MUWT1213) 6-1, 7-5
6. Koharuko Fujita (RHIT) def. Amanda Keating (MUWT1213) 6-0, 6-0
1. Marie Stettler/Melissa Montgomery (RHIT) def. Kara Gilley/Brandy Leeper (MUWT1213) 9-8 (7-4)
2. Koharuko Fujita/Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Alli Heeter/Megan Buckner (MUWT1213) 8-2
3. Kylie McCollum/Lauren Reberger (RHIT) def. Alyssa Dibley/Amanda Keating (MUWT1213) 8-6