INDIANAPOLIS, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of
Technology advanced to the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference
Women's Tennis Championship Match with a 5-1 victory over
Transylvania University on Saturday.
Rose-Hulman will square off with Franklin College in a battle of
the top two seeds in the tournament on Sunday. The winner
will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament this
The singles trio of junior Paige Cook (Terre
Haute/North), freshman Lauren Miller (Highland,
Ill.) and sophomore Kylie McCollum (Lee's Summit,
Mo./West) swept singles wins and the No. 4, 5 and 6
singles positions for the Engineers.
The match began with doubles wins at the No. 2 and No. 3
position for Rose-Hulman. The No. 2 team featured Cook and
sophomore Koharuko Fujita (Ishikawa, Japan), with
the No. 3 team including McCollum and junior Lauren
Rose-Hulman improved to 11-2 on the season and faces Franklin
(12-2) in the title round on Sunday.
ROSE-HULMAN 5, TRANSYLVANIA 1
1. Marie Stettler (RHIT) vs. Mielcarek, Claire (TRANSY)
2. Suzana Mohd (RHIT) vs. Hizny, Kaitlin (TRANSY) unfinished
3. Melissa Montgomery (RHIT) vs. Dixon, Megan (TRANSY)
4. Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Haugli, Victoria (TRANSY) 6-0, 6-1
5. Lauren Miller (RHIT) def. Tapscott, Caroline (TRANSY) 6-2,
6. Kylie McCollum (RHIT) def. Barnett, Savannah (TRANSY) 6-1,
1. Hizny, Kaitlin/Mielcarek, Claire (TRANSY) def. Melissa
Montgomery/Marie Stettler (RHIT) 9-7
2. Paige Cook/Koharuko Fujita (RHIT) def. Dixon, Megan/Haugli,
Victoria (TRANSY) 8-1
3. Kylie McCollum/Lauren Reberger (RHIT) def. Barnett,
Savannah/McCreary, Taylor (TRANSY) 8-3
#1 in the nation for 15 years!
© 1996-2013 Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology