OAKLAND CITY, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology completed its men's tennis regular season schedule with a 10-7 record after sweeping Oakland City 9-0 on Saturday.
The Fightin' Engineers will compete as the No. 2 seed in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament next weekend in Indianapolis. The squad will compete against a team to be determined in the semifinal round on Saturday at 2 p.m.
Rose-Hulman opened the afternoon at Oakland City by sweeping the three doubles matches. The No. 1 team of Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis, Ind./Perry Meridian) and Georges Adam (Barueri, Brazil/Colegio Pentagono), the No. 2 duo of Matt Conrad (Anderson, Ind./Lapel) and Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) and the No. 3 team of Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) and Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South Vigo) each captured victories.
In singles play, winners included Benedict, Adam, Conrad, Moore, Miller, and freshman Joe Kendall (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Covington Catholic).
Rose-Hulman 9, Oakland City 0
1. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) def. Preston Browning (OCU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Eduardo Robaski (OCU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Edilerto Vazquez (OCU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Andres Zambrano (OCU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Derrick Reed (OCU) 6-3, 6-2
6. Joe Kendall (RHIT) def. Kyle Fischer (OCU) 6-2, 6-2
1. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Preston Browning/Eduardo Robaski (OCU) 8-2
2. Matthew Conrad/Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Edilerto Vazquez/Andres Zambrano (OCU) 8-2
3. Ray Montgomery/Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Derrick Reed/Kyle Fischer (OCU) 8-1