TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 2-0 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's tennis action with an 8-1 victory over Hanover College on Sunday at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center.
Rose-Hulman opened the day by sweeping the three doubles matches. The No. 1 team of Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis, Ind./Perry Meridian) and Georges Adam (Barueri, Brazil/Colegio Pentagono), the No. 2 duo of Matt Conrad (Anderson, Ind./Lapel) and Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) and the No. 3 team of Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) and Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South Vigo) all picked up victories.
In singles play, winners included Benedict, Adam, Conrad, Miller and freshman Joe Kendall (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Covington Catholic).
Rose-Hulman improved to 2-4 overall and 2-0 in league play, while Hanover stands 0-7 and 0-2 in conference matches. The Fightin' Engineers host Mount St. Joseph on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
ROSE-HULMAN 8, HANOVER 1
1. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) def. Brian Clark (HC) 6-1, 6-0
2. Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Reid Clark (HC) 6-0, 6-1
3. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Jordan Myers (HC) 6-3, 7-6 (7-3)
4. Josh Ruse (HC) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 6-2, 3-6, 1-0 (10-8)
5. Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Andrew Laubner (HC) 6-3, 6-3
6. Joe Kendall (RHIT) def. Derek Kippenbrock (HC) 6-1, 6-1
1. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Brian Clark/Reid Clark (HC) 8-0
2. Matthew Conrad/Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Jordan Myers/Josh Ruse (HC) 8-2
3. Erin Miller/Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Andrew Laubner/Nathan Jones (HC) 8-4