TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- DePauw University improved to 5-2 on the season with a 9-0 win over Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in men's tennis action on Saturday.
Freshman Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis/Perry Meridian) led Rose-Hulman's effort with a narrow 6-4, 6-4 loss at the No. 1 singles position.
Rose-Hulman (0-2) returns to action with a matchup against Wittenberg on Sunday, also at DePauw in Greencastle.
DePauw 9, Rose-Hulman 0
1. Ben Kopecky (DPUM) def. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) 6-4, 6-4
2. Sam Miles (DPUM) def. Georges Adam (RHIT) 6-1, 6-3
3. Alec Kaczkowski (DPUM) def. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) 6-0, 6-2
4. Eric Bruynseels (DPUM) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 6-1, 6-0
5. Nick Thompson (DPUM) def. Joe Kendall (RHIT) 6-2, 6-0
6. Matt Santen (DPUM) def. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) 6-0, 6-1
1. Ben Kopecky/Sam Miles (DPUM) def. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) 8-2
2. Eric Vannatta/Alec Kaczkowski (DPUM) def. Nate Moore/Matthew Conrad (RHIT) 8-3
3. Nick Thompson/Patrick Farrell (DPUM) def. Ray Montgomery/Joe Kendall (RHIT) 8-2