HANOVER, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology picked up its first win of the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's tennis season with a 5-4 win at Hanover College on Saturday.
Singles winners for the Engineers included senior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) at the No. 2 position; freshman Matthew Conrad (Anderson/Lapel) at the No. 4 spot; and senior Eric Teeman (Gurnee, Ill./Warren Township) at the No. 5 position.
On the doubles side, the team of senior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) and Fritz earned a 9-8 tiebreaker win at the No. 1 singles position. The team of freshman Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) and senior Randy Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) also won at the No. 3 doubles spot.
Rose-Hulman returns to action as part of its Florida trip on April 1.
ROSE-HULMAN 5, HANOVER 4
1. Gilliam, Steven (HANOVER) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 6-3, 6-2
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Clark, Reid (HANOVER) 6-1, 6-2
3. Clark, Brian (HANOVER) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 6-1, 7-6 (7-1)
4. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Sharpe, Devon (HANOVER) 6-1, 7-5
5. Eric Teeman (RHIT) def. Ruse, Joshua (HANOVER) 6-0, 6-2
6. Jordan Myers (HANOVER) def. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) 6-0, 4-6, 6-2
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Clark, Brian/Clark, Reid (HANOVER) 9-8 (8-6)
2. Gilliam, Steven/Nice, Andrew (HANOVER) def. Nate Moore/Matthew Conrad (RHIT) 8-6
3. Erin Miller/Randy Billingsley (RHIT) def. Sharpe, Devon/Jordan M yers (HANOVER) 8-3