TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 4-6 on the men's tennis season with an 8-1 victory over Oakland City University at the Wabash Valley Tennis Center on Wednesday night.
Singles winners for the Engineers included senior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) at the No. 1 position; senior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) at No. 2; freshman Matthew Conrad (Anderson/Lapel) at No. 4 spot; senior Eric Teeman (Gurnee, Ill./Warren Township) at No. 5; and sophomore Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South) at No. 6.
On the doubles side, the team of Paras and Fritz won at the No. 1 spot; senior Nathan Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) teamed with Conrad to win at No. 2; and senior Randy Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) joined Teeman for a victory at No. 3.
Rose-Hulman hosts Greenville College at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center on Friday night.
ROSE-HULMAN 8, OAKLAND CITY 1
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Preston Browning (OAK-CITY) 6-0, 2-6, 1-0 (10-5)
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Kyle Shipman (OAK-CITY) 6-1, 6-2
3. Ignacio Briceno (OAK-CITY) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 7-5, 2-6, 1-0 (10-8)
4. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Andres Bukonja (OAK-CITY) 6-1, 6-3
5. Eric Teeman (RHIT) def. Derrick Reed (OAK-CITY) 6-0, 6-0
6. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Edilerto Vazquez (OAK-CITY) 6-2, 6-0
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Preston Browning/Kyle Shipman (OAK-CITY) 8-5
2. Nate Moore/Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Ignacio Briceno/Andres Bukonja (OAK-CITY) 8-0
3. Eric Teeman/Randy Billingsley (RHIT) def. Derrick Reed/Edilerto Vazquez (OAK-CITY) 8-5