TAMPA, FLA. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology dropped a narrow 5-4 decision to Southeastern University on Tuesday afternoon in Florida.
Singles winners for the Engineers included freshman Matthew Conrad (Anderson/Lapel) at the No. 4 spot, and senior Eric Teeman (Gurnee, Ill./Warren Township) at the No. 5 position.
On the doubles side, senior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) teamed with senior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) for a win at the No. 1 doubles position.
The No. 3 doubles team of freshman Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) and senior Randy Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) also earned a victory.
The Fightin' Engineers stand 3-6 on the season and return to action against Eckerd on Thursday in Tampa.
SOUTHEASTERN 5, ROSE-HULMAN 4
1. Sergei Krasilnikov (SEU) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 6-1, 6-2
2. Andrew Dickens (SEU) def. Devon Fritz (RHIT) 2-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-3)
3. Jordan Harris (SEU) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 6-1, 6-0
4. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. David Adams (SEU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Eric Teeman (RHIT) def. Robert Laskin (SEU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Luke Witte (SEU) def. Erin Miller (RHIT) 7-6 (8-6), 6-1
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Sergei Krasilnikov/Jordan Harris (SEU) 8-4
2. Andrew Dickens/Robert Laskin (SEU) def. Nate Moore/Matthew Conrad (RHIT) 8-4
3. Randy Billingsley/Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Luke Witte/Will May (SEU) 8-3