TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 5-6 on the men's tennis season with a 6-3 victory over Greenville College at the Wabash Valley Tennis Center on Wednesday night.
Singles winners for the Engineers included senior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) at No. 2; freshman Matthew Conrad (Anderson/Lapel) at No. 4 spot; and senior Eric Teeman (Gurnee, Ill./Warren Township) at No. 5.
On the doubles side, the team of senior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) and Fritz won at the No. 1 spot; senior Nathan Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) teamed with Conrad to win at No. 2; and senior Randy Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) joined freshman Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) for a victory at No. 3.
Rose-Hulman hits the road for Defiance College and a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference matchup on Sunday.
ROSE-HULMAN 6, GREENVILLE 3
1.Jon Urshan (GCMT) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 7-6 (7-4), 7-6 (7-3)
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Jordan Tingle (GCMT) 6-2, 6-2
3. Andrew Herlein (GCMT) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 6-7 (5-8), 6-4, 1-0 (10-7)
4. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Alex Dowley (GCMT) 6-4, 7-5
5. Eric Teeman (RHIT) def. Ryan Haas (GCMT) 6-3, 6-3
6. Code Power (GCMT) def. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) 6-3, 6-4
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Jon Urshan/Andrew Herlein (GCMT) 8-5
2. Nate Moore/Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Jordan Tingle/Alex Dowley (GCMT) 8-1
3. Erin Miller/Randy Billingsley (RHIT) def. Ryan Haas/Demetrius Bush (GCMT) 8-5