TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology won for the sixth time in seven matches to improve to 7-6 on the season and 3-2 in HCAC play with a 6-3 win at Anderson University on Saturday.
Singles winners for the Engineers included senior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) at the No. 1 position; freshman Matthew Conrad (Anderson/Lapel) at No. 4 spot; senior Eric Teeman (Gurnee, Ill./Warren Township) at No. 5; and freshman Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) at No. 6.
In doubles play, the tandem of Paras and senior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) won at the No. 1 spot, and Miller joined senior Randy Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) for a win at No. 3.
Rose-Hulman returns to action with a doubleheader against Transylvania University and Bluffton University on Sunday at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center.
ROSE-HULMAN 6, ANDERSON 3
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Drew Lovern (AU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Connor Whiteside (AU) def. Devon Fritz (RHIT) 7-5, 0-6, 1-0 (10-7)
3. Brock Bell (AU) def. Nate Moore (RHIT) 6-3, 6-3
4. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Kyle Templeton (AU) 7-5, 6-1
5. Eric Teeman (RHIT) def. Adam Millikan (AU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Ethan Hillman (AU) 6-1, 6-1
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Drew Lovern/Connor Whiteside (AU) 8-4
2. Kyle Templeton/Brock Bell (AU) def. Nate Moore/Matthew Conrad (RHIT) 8-6
3. Randy Billingsley/Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Adam Millikan/Ethan Hillman (AU) 8-3