TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology won for the ninth time in 11 matches and secured its 16th consecutive season with a record of .500 or above with a 9-0 victory at Mount St. Joseph on Sunday.
Singles winners for the Engineers included senior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) at No. 1 ; senior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) at No. 2; senior Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) at No. 3; freshman Matthew Conrad (Anderson/Lapel) at No. 4; senior Eric Teeman (Gurnee, Ill./Warren Township) at No. 5; and sophomore Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South Vigo) at No. 6.
The No. 1 doubles team of Paras and Fritz continued chasing a school record with another victory. The duo improved to 15-2 overall this season with their 11th consecutive win, and are on track to set multiple single-season school records.
The remaining doubles winners included Moore and Conrad at No. 2; and senior Randy Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) and freshman Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) at No. 3.
Rose-Hulman has secured the No. 4 seed for the conference tournament that takes place next weekend and returns to the court on Tuesday at Vincennes University.
ROSE-HULMAN 9, MOUNT ST. JOSEPH 0
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Clayton Steinriede (MSJ) 3-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-7)
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Kyle Haas (MSJ) 6-3, 6-3
3. Nate Moore (RHIT) def. John Knoll (MSJ) 6-4, 6-3
4. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Max Withrow (MSJ) 6-2, 6-1
5. Eric Teeman (RHIT) def. Tyler Esham (MSJ) 7-6 (7-3), 6-1
6. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Drew Royalty (MSJ) 6-0, 6-1
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Clayton Steinriede/Kyle Haas (MSJ) 8-4
2. Nate Moore/Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Max Withrow/Tyler Esham (MSJ) 8-3
3. Randy Billingsley/Erin Miller (RHIT) def. John Knoll/Drew Royalty (MSJ) 8-2