TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology won its sixth consecutive men's tennis match with a 6-3 victory over the College of Mount St. Joseph on Wednesday night.
Rose-Hulman won five of six singles matches to capture the match and move into third place in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference standings.
Singles winners included junior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) at the No. 2 spot; sophomore Nathan Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz./Home Schooled) at No. 3; junior Ian Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba) at No. 4; senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket, Va./Stonewall) at No. 5; and freshman Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South) at No. 6.
The doubles tandem of Stevenson and Lemmer also added a win at the No. 2 position.
Rose-Hulman improved to 6-4 on the season and 4-2 on the conference campaign. The Fightin' Engineers return to action on Friday with a home match against Greenville.
ROSE-HULMAN 6, MOUNT ST. JOSEPH 3
1. Berry, Sandy (MSJ) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 6-0, 6-0
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Barrett, Colin (MSJ) 6-0, 6-0
3. Nathan Moore (RHIT) def. Steinriede, Clayton (MSJ) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
4. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) def. Smith, Kyle (MSJ) 6-1, 6-2
5. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Esham, Tyler (MSJ) 6-1, 6-4
6. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Haas, Kyle (MSJ) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
1. Berry, Sandy/Smith, Kyle (MSJ) def. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) 8-6
2. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Steinriede, Clayton/Haas, Kyle (MSJ) 8-4
3. Esham, Tyler/Withrow, Max (MSJ) def. Nathan Moore/Randy Billingsley (RHIT) 8-4