RICHMOND, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology earned its second win in as many days with an 8-1 victory over Indiana University-East on Tuesday.
Junior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) and junior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) earned victories at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, then teamed up for a No. 1 doubles win.
Junior Ian Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba) and senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket, Va./Stonewall) won at No. 4 and No. 5 singles, and also teamed up for a No. 2 doubles victory.
Sophomore Nathan Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz./Home Schooled) won at No. 3 and freshman Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South) won at the No. 6 spot to round out the effort.
Rose-Hulman stands 2-4 and 1-2 in league play, and hosts Anderson at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center on Wednesday.
ROSE-HULMAN 8, IU-EAST 1
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Ty Butler (IU-EAST) 6-4, 6-2
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Adam Derengowski (IU-EAST) 6-2, 6-2
3. Nathan Moore (RHIT) def. Seth Ellis (IU-EAST) 6-2, 6-2
4. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) def. Justin Judd (IU-EAST) 7-5, 2-6, 6-4
5. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Jake Welsh (IU-EAST) 6-1, 6-2
6. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Nick Frank (IU-EAST) 6-3, 6-0
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Ty Butler/Adam Derengowski (IU-EAST) 8-3
2. Stephan Lemmer/Ian Stevenson (RHIT) def. Justin Judd/Seth Ellis (IU-EAST) 8-3
3. Brian Luke/Jake Welsh (IU-EAST) def. Randy Billingsley/Eric Fair (RHIT) 9-8 (7-4)