TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of
Technology clinched the No. 4 seed for next weekend's Heartland
Collegiate Athletic Conference men's tennis tournament with a 5-4
win over Hanover College on Sunday.
Junior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) and
junior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills)
earned victories at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, after teaming up
for a No. 1 doubles win.
The doubles team of sophomore Nathan Moore (Scottsdale,
Ariz./Home Schooled) and senior Randy
Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) also won at the No. 3
Freshman Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South)
scored Rose-Hulman's final point with a victory at the No. 6
Rose-Hulman stands 9-6 overall and finished outright fourth in
the league at 6-3 in HCAC matches. The Fightin'
Engineers have secured their 15th consecutive season with a
record of .500 or above. Rose-Hulman's tournament opponent
will be determined at the completion of the regular season later
ROSE-HULMAN 5, HANOVER 4
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Ramsey,Brandon (HANOVER) 6-1, 6-2
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Gilliam,Steven (HANOVER) 6-4, 6-2
3. Bohnert,Kyle (HANOVER) def. Nathan Moore (RHIT) 6-2, 6-2
4. Erlewein,Maxwell (HANOVER) def. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) 6-4,
5. Strandmark,Matt (HANOVER) def. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) 7-6 (7-5),
6. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Sharpe, Devon (HANOVER) 6-2, 7-6
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Ramsey,Brandon/Strandmark,Matt
2. Gilliam,Steven/Bohnert,Kyle (HANOVER) def. Ian Stevenson/Stephan
Lemmer (RHIT) 8-1
3. Nathan Moore/Randy Billingsley (RHIT) def.
Veach,Austin/Zimmers,Derek (HANOVER) 8-5