TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology earned its third men's tennis victory in three days with an 8-1 victory over Anderson University on Wednesday night at the Joy Hulbert Tennis Center.
Junior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) led the Engineers with victories at No. 2 singles and No. 1 doubles.
Junior Ian Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba) and senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket, Va./Stonewall) won at No. 4 and No. 5 singles, and also teamed up for a No. 2 doubles victory.
Sophomore Nathan Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz./Home Schooled) won at No. 3 singles and No. 3 doubles with senior Randy Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman).
Freshman Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South) added a No. 6 spot, and junior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) teamed with Fritz for the No. 1 doubles victory.
Rose-Hulman stands 3-4 and 2-2 in league play. The Fightin' Engineers hit the road for Oakland City on Thursday.
ROSE-HULMAN 8, ANDERSON 1
1. Drew Lovern (AU) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 6-1, 6-0
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Brock Bell (AU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Nathan Moore (RHIT) def. Federico Bosciani (AU) 6-2, 6-2
4. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) def. Logan Hendrickson (AU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Kodee McIntosh (AU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Ethan Hillman (AU) 6-0, 6-3
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Drew Lovern/Brock Bell (AU) 9-8 (7-4)
2. Stephan Lemmer/Ian Stevenson (RHIT) def. Federico Bosciani/Logan Hendrickson (AU) 8-6
3. Nathan Moore/Randy Billingsley (RHIT) def. Kodee McIntosh/Ethan Hillman (AU) 9-7