TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- St. Francis University won five singles matches and three doubles matches to top Rose-Hulman 8-1 in men's tennis action on Sunday.
Freshman Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South) contributed Rose-Hulman's victory with a 6-2, 6-2 win at the No. 6 singles spot.
Rose-Hulman stands 7-6 on the season, while St. Francis improved to 6-16. The Fightin' Engineers host Manchester College on Saturday and Hanover College on Sunday to close the HCAC regular season schedule.
ST. FRANCIS 8, ROSE-HULMAN 1
1. Mark Zubov (ST-FRAN) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 7-5, 6-2
2. Alex Haizel (ST-FRAN) def. Devon Fritz (RHIT) 6-0, 6-0
3. Diego Mogrovejo (ST-FRAN) def. Nathan Moore (RHIT) 6-2, 6-0
4. Chad Randall (ST-FRAN) def. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) 6-4, 6-2
5. Eddie Semik (ST-FRAN) def. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) 6-1, 6-3
6. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Aaron Sanderson (ST-FRAN) 6-2, 6-2
1. Mark Zubov/Alex Haizel (ST-FRAN) def. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) 8-4
2. Chad Randall/Diego Mogrovejo (ST-FRAN) def. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) 8-1
3. Eddie Semik/Zachary Mullady (ST-FRAN) def. Nathan Moore/Randy Billingsley (RHIT) 8-6