INDIANAPOLIS, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of
Technology dropped a 7-2 decision to Franklin College in a
competitive men's tennis match featuring two three-set matches and
three tiebreakers on Saturday.
Senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket, Va./Stonewall
Jackson) and sophomore Nate Moore (Scottsdale,
Ariz./Home Schooled) led the Rose-Hulman effort with
straight set wins at the No. 4 and No. 5 singles positions.
Rose-Hulman stands 0-3 on the season and returns to action with
a home match against Wabash College on March 21.
FRANKLIN 7, ROSE-HULMAN 2
1. Blake Wareham (FCM) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 7-6 (7-5), 6-4
2. Ryan Hammer (FCM) def. Devon Fritz (RHIT) 6-4, 6-7 (5-7),
3. Justin Smith (FCM) def. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) 6-3, 6-0
4. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Jared Hunt (FCM) 7-6 (10-8),
5. Natt Moore (RHIT) def. Evan Pierle (FCM) 7-5, 7-5
6. Luke Snyder (FCM) def. Randy Billingsley (RHIT) 6-0, 6-3
1. Blake Wareham/Ryan Hammer (FCM) def. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz
2. Evan Pierle/Luke Snyder (FCM) def. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer
3. Jared Hunt/Brandon Roberts (FCM) def. Natt Moore/Ray Montgomery