TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Preseason Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference favorite Earlham College lived up to its billing with an 8-1 victory over Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in the men's tennis opener on Saturday.
The tandem of sophomore Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz./Home Schooled) and Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South) led the Engineers with a victory at the No. 3 doubles position.
Earlham stands 1-0 on the season and in league play, while Rose-Hulman stands 0-1. The Fightin' Engineers return to action on Saturday with a matchup against Trine in Indianapolis.
Earlham 8, Rose-Hulman 1
1. Henry Levin (ECM) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 6-1, 6-2
2. Andrey Garilov (ECM) def. Devon Fritz (RHIT) 6-0, 6-1
3. Anton Bartashvich (ECM) def. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) 6-0, 6-0
4. Brad Maisey (ECM) def. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) 6-0, 6-1
5. Scott Lawrence (ECM) def. Natt Moore (RHIT) 6-2, 6-3
6. David Bluestein (ECM) def. Randy Billingsley (RHIT) 6-4, 6-4
1. Henry Levin/Anton Bartashvich (ECM) def. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) 8-3
2. Brad Maisey/Andrey Garilov (ECM) def. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) 8-6
3. Natt Moore/Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Scott Lawrence/Nabil Parker (ECM) 8-6