INDIANAPOLIS, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
advanced to the semifinal round of the Heartland Collegiate
Athletic Conference Men's Tennis Tournament with a 5-0 win over
Anderson University on Saturday morning. The team then fell
to top seeded Earlham College 5-0.
Rose-Hulman finishes the season at 10-7.
Against Anderson, Rose-Hulman swept the three doubles matches to
propel the Anderson win. The tandem of junior
Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) and junior
Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) earned a
9-8 victory at the No.1 spot.
Junior Ian Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba) and
senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket, Va./Stonewall)
claimed the No. 2 doubles match by a 9-7 score. Sophomore
Nathan Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz./Home
Schooled) and teamed senior Randy
Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) added an 8-1 No. 3
In singles play, Lemmer and freshman Ray Montgomery
(Terre Haute/South) recorded victories at No. 5 and No. 6
singles in a match played to decision.
Earlham will advancd to the HCAC Tournament finals and
improved to 18-1 overall with its 20th consecutive win over
two years in HCAC play.
ROSE-HULMAN 5, ANDERSON 0
1. Drew Lovern (AU) vs. Ben Paras (RHIT) not finished
2. Brock Bell (AU) vs. Devon Fritz (RHIT) not finished
3. Federico Bosciani (AU) vs. Nathan Moore (RHIT) not
4. Adam Millikan (AU) vs. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) not finished
5. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Logan Hendrickson (AU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) def. Ethan Hillman (AU) 6-2, 6-0
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Drew Lovern/Brock Bell (AU)
2. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Federico Bosciani/Adam
Millikan (AU) 9-7
3. Randy Billingsley/Nathan Moore (RHIT) def. Logan
Hendrickson/Ethan Hillman (AU) 8-1
EARLHAM 5, ROSE-HULMAN 0
1. Henry Levin (ECM) vs. Ben Paras (RHIT) not finished
2. Anton Bartashvich (ECM) vs. Devon Fritz (RHIT) not
3. Andrey Garilov (ECM) def. Nathan Moore (RHIT) 6-1,
4. Brad Maisey (ECM) def. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) 6-1, 6-3
5. Scott Lawrence (ECM) vs. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) not
6. Shin Torizuka (ECM) Ray Montgomery (RHIT) not finished
1. Henry Levin/Anton Bartashvich (ECM) def. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz
2. Andrey Garilov/Brad Maisey (ECM) def. Ian Stevenson/Stephan
3. Scott Lawrence/Shin Torizuka (ECM) def. Nathan Moore/Randy
Billingsley (RHIT) 8-3
#1 in the nation for 15 years!
© 1996-2014 Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology