INDIANAPOLIS, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology moved to 2-0 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's tennis with a 9-0 sweep over Hanover on Sunday at the West Indy Racquet Club.
Sophomore Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) (pictured) earned a victory at No. 1 singles and teamed with senior Dallas Burton (Haughton, La./Louisiana Math & Science) for a No. 1 doubles win.
Junior David Becerra (Brownsburg) and senior Seth Hendrickson (Crawfordsville) claimed a No. 2 doubles win, and also earned victories at No. 2 and No. 5 singles.
Junior Alex Gumz (Palatine, Ill.) combined with sophomore Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) for a No. 3 doubles victory. The duo also earned No. 3 and No. 4 singles decisions.
Senior Brent Frizzell (Avon) rounded out the winners with a 6-2, 6-0 victory at No. 6 singles.
Rose-Hulman stands 2-0 on the season and in league play, while Hanover stands 0-1. The Fightin' Engineers host Trine University on Saturday at the Wabash Valley Tennis Center.
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Steven Gilliam 6-2, 7-6 (1)
2. David Becerra (RHIT) def. Sam Werne 6-2, 6-0
3. Alex Gumz (RHIT) def. Kyle Bohnert 6-0, 6-0
4. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Matt Strandmark 6-3, 6-2
5. Seth Hendrickson (RHIT) def. Chase Ingle 6-2, 6-0
6. Brent Frizzell (RHIT) def. Derek Zimmers 6-2, 6-0
1. Paras/Burton (RHIT) def. Gilliam/Werne 8-5
2. Becerra/Hendrickson (RHIT) def. Bohnert/Strandmark 8-2
3. Fritz/Gumz (RHIT) def. Ingle/Zimmers 8-0