Discover your own meaningful international experience.
Rose-Hulman’s strategic mission reflects the school’s commitment to the idea that every student should have at least one meaningful international experience before graduation. Whether it be studying abroad, interning abroad, participating in international activities on campus, or collaborating on a project with people in other countries, Rose-Hulman aspires to create scientists and engineers who can perform in our ever-changing global society.
Our students have found themselves in Australia, Chile, Denmark, Eastern Europe, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, Scotland, Spain and Sweden. Rose-Hulman has a proud history of partnership with institutions in Germany and Japan and has most recently created new partnerships with schools in China, Sweden, and South Korea.
A global education offers you the chance to experience another culture, work with students from other schools to solve problems, and gain a greater understanding of where your field of study fits in the big picture. All of these experiences together improve your education and give you a competitive edge in the working world.
Before you start packing for your experience, there is some planning involved.
Important Questions to Ask Yourself:
- Where do I want to go?
- Do I want to study in English or another language?
- How long do I want to study abroad?
- What do I want to study? Technical/Scientific courses or humanities?
- Can I get credit? Do I need credit?
- Will I graduate on time?
- Can I afford it?
Do Research About Study Abroad
- Come to the Office of Global Programs in Myers 246 to get more information about program sites.
- Speak to students who have studied abroad.
- Attend campus study abroad fairs and information sessions.
Talk to Your Advisor or Department Chair
- When is the best time to go abroad?
- What courses do I need to complete my major?
- Can I take the appropriate courses abroad?
- How do I transfer credit to Rose-Hulman?
Talk to Financial Aid
- Will my scholarships and grants apply to study abroad?
- Are there any scholarships available for study abroad?
- Can I use student loans?
- How can I make a budget for my time abroad?
How do I get started?
To find out more information and ask questions about study abroad, please visit the Office of Global Programs in Myers 246 or contact them via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 812-877-8810. It’s never too early to plan your global experience!