Entrepreneurship Not Only About Starting a Business
Engineering Student Community Actively Learning Advanced Technical Entrepreneruship (ESCALATE)
Today’s global society is more than businesses and organizations competing in products, services, and market share—it’s more about surviving and thriving.
Technical graduates must be prepared for success in this challenging new world through rigorous preparation in technical fundamentals with an entrepreneurial mindset, including the ability to identify customer and market opportunities, develop innovative solutions, and capture value and build markets.
The Rose-Hulman ESCALATE program prepares our with an entrepreneurial mindset, whether they are working in an existing company or starting a new venture. Students learn to develop an entrepreneurial mindset that is focused on identifying market opportunities, developing innovative solutions, and capturing value to build companies and industries.
The program has several components including:
- An entrepreneurial living-learning community (ELLC) for approximately 40 freshmen students.
- Curriculum components including design, communication, and entrepreneurship courses.
- Extracurricular activities including the RISE student entrepreneurship club, workshops, and field trips.
- Internship opportunities at startup companies in Indiana or at Rose-Hulman Ventures.
- Personal attention from faculty/staff to inspire and guide student entrepreneurial interests.
- Collaboration and mentoring opportunities with entrepreneurs around the state.
If you are an entering freshman and this is a good fit, apply to join the inaugural student cohort of the ESCALATE program.