Courses available for graduate study
In addition to all 500 level courses, the advanced undergraduate
courses listed within the Graduate Studies Bulletin are available
for graduate credit. See graduate course list. The following points
must be observed:
- Only those undergraduate courses listed under Approved Graduate
Courses section may be used for graduate credit.
- No course, at any level, may be used for both graduate and
- No course used to satisfy requirements for any degree granted
by another institution may be transferred for graduate credit.
- No undergraduate courses taken at other institutions may be
transferred to Rose-Hulman for graduate credit unless they are
accepted for graduate credit at the institution from which transfer
- No more than 12 quarter hours credit in courses below the
500-level may be applied to the Master's degree without approval of
the Graduate Studies Committee. (Approved mathematics courses are
excluded from the 12 hour limit.)
- Enrollment of a graduate student in any course requires the
approval of the student's advisory committee chairperson.
Any questions concerning rules, procedures, etc., relating to
graduate work should be directed to the Associate Dean of the