Courses available for graduate study
In addition to all 500 level courses, the advanced undergraduate courses listed within the Graduate Studies Bulletin are available for graduate credit. See graduate course list. The following points must be observed:
- Only those undergraduate courses listed under Approved Graduate Courses section may be used for graduate credit.
- No course, at any level, may be used for both graduate and undergraduate credit.
- No course used to satisfy requirements for any degree granted by another institution may be transferred for graduate credit.
- No undergraduate courses taken at other institutions may be transferred to Rose-Hulman for graduate credit unless they are accepted for graduate credit at the institution from which transfer is requested.
- No more than 12 quarter hours credit in courses below the 500-level may be applied to the Master's degree without approval of the Graduate Studies Committee. (Approved mathematics courses are excluded from the 12 hour limit.)
- Enrollment of a graduate student in any course requires the approval of the student's advisory committee chairperson.
Any questions concerning rules, procedures, etc., relating to graduate work should be directed to the Associate Dean of the Faculty.