Working in a global society: Rose-Hulman Diversity Statement
Please visit our Center for Diversity website.
We recognize that Rose-Hulman is part of a mutually dependent, multicultural community. As an institution devoted to excellence in education, we acknowledge our responsibility to teach students the skills they need to excel in their chosen field, including the ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints. Our goal is to help our students become global leaders. To achieve this goal, we will:
- Promote diversity in all aspects of our community life;
- Encourage every individual to respect the inherent dignity of others;
- Recruit and retain students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds;
- Strive to broaden understanding of each individual's unique contribution to society;
- Challenge stereotypes to build a broader and more inclusive world view.
Approved by the Institute on December 9, 2008
Visit our Center for Diversity website.