Filtering Spam in Outlook 2007
To turn on Junk Email filtering in Outlook 2007
- While viewing your inbox, open the Actions menu and select Junk Email->Junk Email Options...
- On the Options tab, select a level of junk email protection.
To mark an email in your inbox as spam
- While viewing your inbox or one of your email folders, right-click on the message you wish to mark.
- On the menu that appears, select Junk E-Mail, then click Add Sender to Blocked Senders List
- From this menu, you can also add the sender or the sender's domain to a safe list that will always be delivered.
To filter unwanted emails of a specific type in Outlook 2007
- While you are viewing your inbox, open the Tools menu and select Rules and Alerts.
- When the Rules and Alerts pane opens, select New Rule.
- Select a template for your rule, then click Next
- Select conditions to judge emails on, then click Next.
- Select actions to be taken if an email meets your chosen conditions, then click Next.
- Select exceptions such as safe senders which will not be affected by the rule, then click Next.
- Specify a name for your rule, and click Finish.