Vista: RHIT-1X Wireless Network
The information contained in this and all other pages in the unsupported section is presented without guarantee of accuracy. IAIT and Rose-Hulman assume no responsibility for problems, damages, or data loss that may arise while using these instructions, and offer no additional support for these applications beyond the information available on these pages. By viewing these pages, you accept this agreement. For additional support, contact the original vendor of your product.
Submitter Version: Vista Business
Last Revised: October 29, 2007
- Click Start.
- Right-Click on Network and select Properties. This will open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Set up a connection or network.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network then click Next.
- In the network name text box, enter RHIT-1X.
- In the Security type list box, select WPA2-Enterprise.
- Click Next.
- Click Change connection settings.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Settings button.
- Uncheck the box that says Validate Server Certificate.
- In the Authentication Method section, click the Configure button.
- Uncheck the box that says Automatically use my Windows logon name and password.
- Click Ok to close the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties.
- Click Ok to close the Protected EAP Properties.
- Click Ok to close the RHIT-1X Wireless Network Properties.
- Click Close to finish the RHIT-1X configuration.
- Click the pop-up balloon that says Additional information is required to connect to RHIT-1X.
- Enter your Kerberos (network) username and password and click Ok.