Tablet Pack for Office XP
Using the Tablet Pack for Microsoft Office XP
Once you have installed the Tablet PC Pack for Microsoft Office XP, you can open a Microsoft Office application and begin using the Tablet Pen to annotate office documents. The following tutorial will show you how to annotate Word documents and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Open Microsoft Word from the Start menu or a desktop shortcut as you normally would.
- Once you have an existing or blank Word document open for adding annotations, move your cursor to the location in the document that you want to add the annotation.
- Now click the Insert Ink Drawing and Writing icon () from the shortcut bar.
- An annotation box should appear where you can use the Tablet Pen to write/draw your desired annotation.
- You can select from several different pen types and colors as described below from the Ink toolbar.
The Ink toolbar contains the following buttons that you can use as described below.
Pen (1) - can be used to select different pen
types including ballpoint, felt tip, and highlighter.
Eraser (2) - turns your cursor into an eraser than can be used to erase/delete part of your annotation.
Selection Tool (3) - can be used to select and reposition parts of your annotation.
Ink Color (4) - used to change the color of your annotation.
Ink Style (5) - used to change the thickness of lines drawn.
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint from the Start menu or a desktop shortcut as you normally would.
- Open an existing or blank PowerPoint document for adding annotations or drawings.
- Now click the Insert Ink Drawing and Writing icon () the shortcut bar shown above.
- An annotation box should appear where you can use the Tablet Pen to write/draw your desired annotation just as you would in Microsoft Word as described above.
- Open and start your PowerPoint presentation as you normally would.
- Advance to a slide that you would like to add an annotation.
- Hold down the button on your Tablet Pen and click the screen.
- A popup menu should appear as shown below. From this menu, you can select a pen type and begin annotating your presentation.
- When done annotating with the current pen tool, click on the Selection Tool () image.
- You can now repeat the above steps and annotate with another pen tool or advance to the next slide of your presentation.
- When you are finished with your presentation, you will be asked whether or not you would like to keep your annotations. If you select Yes then all of your annotations will be saved for the next time you present your presentation. Otherwise, they will be discarded.
Ballpoint Pen, Felt Tip Pen, & Highlighter - different
drawing tools used to annotate your PowerPoint presentation.
Eraser - turns your cursor into an eraser than can be used to erase/delete part of your annotation.
Erase All Ink On Slide - removes all annotations made on the current slide.