Resetting an iPaq
Occasionally you will need to reset your iPaq. The following instructions explain how to perform a normal and hard reset.
A normal reset does not affect data that has been saved in memory. A normal reset restarts the iPAQ much like Ctrl+Alt+Del restarts a PC. A normal reset is initiated by pressing the reset button on the bottom of the unit.
- Save all work.
- Make sure that the device is powered on. The device must remain on in order to reset.
- Use the tip of the stylus to lightly press the normal reset button for 2 seconds.
- The iPAQ Pocket PC will restart in approximately 5 seconds and display the Today screen.
A full reset restarts the device and removes nearly all information stored in RAM memory, including data files and system settings. A full reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a system lockup or failure. A full reset returns the unit to the factory defaults.
- Press and hold the bottom left and bottom right application buttons.
- Press the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ Pocket PC with the stylus.
- Hold all buttons until the displayed image begins to fade (approximately 4 seconds).
If the iPaq is off, just hold it down for 5 seconds and release.
- Release the application buttons and stylus.
- Remove the battery and reinstall it.
- Press the Reset button.
- Press the Power button and complete the tutorial.