The entire DFS file system is backed up multiple times a day using Windows Shadow Copy. Unlike with AFS, users can restore back folders on their own without assistance from IAIT. This can only be done using the Windows client and not though Secure FX or any other clients.
Restoring Backup Files
- Find the folder you wish to restore and Right Click on it. From the resulting menu select Properties.
- Go to the Previous Versions tab.
- Under the Folder versions heading highlight the folder backup you wish to restore.
- [Automatic Restore] To automatically restore the entire directory click on the Restore... button.
- WARNING: This will overwrite all files that have been changed since the backup. In most cases doing a manual restore is the best way.
- [Automatic Restore] Hit Restore in the box that pops up. This should start the restore.
- [Manual Restore] To manually restore a directory hit the Copy... button.
- [Manual Restore] From the window that comes up select a location on your local machine to copy the folder to and hit the Copy button.
- [Manual Restore] Navigate to the directory you just selected. It should contain a folder with the backup in it.
- [Manual Restore] Manually copy the files you wish to restore to the DFS folder.