Configuring the RHIT-GUEST Wireless Networking
The RHIT-GUEST wireless network is a special network for guests of the institute. It is not accessible by Students, Staff or Faculty. In order to connect special credentials are required which can be granted by contacting the IAIT Helpdesk.
RHIT-GUEST network credentials may only be created by the approval of staff or faculty members.
- Go to Start -> Control Pane and click on Network Connections
- Right-click on Wireless Network Connection and click on Properties.
- Click on the Wireless Networks tab.
- Under the Preferred networks section click the Add button.
- In the box that comes up type RHIT-GUEST in the Network Name (SSID) box.
- Select Open under Network Authentication.
- Select Disabled under Data encryption.
- Hit Ok to back out of all property boxes.
- In the taskbar the wireless adapter should now indicate that it has connected to the RHIT-GUEST network.
- Open up a web browser and it will bring up a login page.
- Login with the supplied username and password.
The network icon for your wireless card in the taskbar should now say Connected to RHIT-GUEST if you are in an area with wireless coverage. If it does not connect contact the Help Desk.