To setup a wireless network card in Windows XP to use Rose-Hulman's RHIT wireless network, you must first register the MAC address for the card. Second, you must obtain the wireless information sheet from the Help Desk, which has the key you will need in the following procedure.
The RHIT wireless network WEP key is only available from the IAIT Help Desk.
You must run the VPN client in order to use the Rose-Hulman RHIT wireless network. The VPN client can be obtained from the VPN Page
- Right-click on the network icon for your wireless card in the taskbar
- Click View Available Wireless Networks
- You should see the RHIT network listed. If you do not, click Refresh network list in the upper left of the window
- Click on RHIT and then click Connect
- Enter the WEP key from the sheet you obtained from the IAIT Help Desk into the Network Key and Confirm Network Key boxes. Do not type in the spaces in the key. Run all the characters together (i.e. 11223344556677889910111213)
- Click Connect
The network icon for your wireless card in the taskbar should now say Connected to RHIT if you are in an area with wireless coverage. If it does not connect, verify that you have typed the keys in correctly. If you continue to have problems, contact the Help Desk.