- After creating an Outlook 2003 Distribution List it appears under Outlook Contacts, why doesn't it appear when composing a new email and clicking the "To" button?
- Does IAIT have BEZ server for students? If not, how are Blackberrys supported across campus for mail etc.?
- I've received an email that I believe has an attachment, but it's not there. What do I do?
- How do I send 'Message Headers' from Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007?
- How can I access my e-mail from off campus?
- How can I set Outlook to use a comma delimited list in the "To:" field?
- How do I backup or transfer to another account my email, contacts, etc.?.
- How do I forward / redirect my Rose-Hulman email to another email account using Microsoft Outlook and Exchange?
- How do I recover an email attachment that Outlook has removed?
- How to I create an email folder in Outlook that will reside on my computer's hard drive instead of on the email server?
- I am using the IMAP or POP configuration of Outlook; how do I obtain the global address list?
- I have no new incoming mail when I check mail via Exchange from off campus.
- I just received an Email which states: Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. What can I do to bring my mailbox within quota restrictions?
- What is my user name in Outlook for the Exchange Server?
- What is the maximum number of names to which a single email can be addressed?
- When I check the save password box in Outlook Email the password is not saved.
- Where do I find instructions on how to update my Outlook address book for the current school year?
- Why am I unable to send or receive Exchange in Outlook without pressing the send/receive button?
- Why does the email I was trying to send go to the Outbox; how can I sent it from there?
The email service at Rose-Hulman is powered by a Microsoft Exchange cluster consisting of four HP DL 580's with four Xeon processors each running at 3 GHz. Each machine has 4 GB of RAM and run in a three active, one passive configuration.
The servers are accessible through an encrypted connection through the Exchange protocol in Outlook, through Outlook Web Access using a web browser, or through an unsupported mail client using IMAP or POP with SSL.