AspenONE 2006.5 Installation instructions – General Overview.
The current version of Aspen is
2006.5. The old version (under the AspenONE folder)
is to provide the install files in case they are needed to uninstall the old
(2006 or 2004) version.
- You will need to be logged on as localmrg
(or another account that is a member of the Administrators group) when
installing and removing Aspen software.
- If you have previously installed Aspen, it is highly recommended that you uninstall the old version prior to
installing the new version. Detailed instructions
- Next, you will run the Setup program and select the
components you wish to install. The required software is listed in the
table below. Detailed instructions are here.
ChE 416, 417, 418 (Design)
Aspen HTFS/HTFS+ Components
Icarus (IPE only)
ChE 441 (Polymer Engineering)
- The complete list of features that we can use can be
found at here.
We have the “University Package for Process Engineering”.
- Configure the
license server, and possibly install it. Note that the license server
Detailed instructions are here.
- You should run the patches from \\tibia\public\Course
Software\Aspen\Patches as appropriate for the software you installed.
- The first time you run an Aspen program, you will see
the following dialog box. Select “Academic user”. Academic
users do not register.
Most documentation installs by default as help files with the program;
however, some additional documentation may be available at \\tibia\public\Course